The History of Park VIew Elementary:
In 1911, a dwelling originally intended to become a house, was purchased on the corner of West McNeely Avenue and Oak Street in Mooresville. The structure became known as North School, a school for grades first through fourth. Eventually, fifth and sixth grades were added. In 1926, Park View Elementary School was built across the street on a 15-acre site to replace North School. Remodeled in 1993, Park View then served as a kindergarten through fourth grade school that served students in the northern section of Mooresville. Park View Elementary School now serves grades kindergarten through third grade.